[PyKDE] Additional PyKDE2 Update

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Jan 29 02:00:58 GMT 2002

I got most of PyKDE2 for KDE2.2.0/2.2.1 (and maybe buildable
against 2.2.2) cleaned up yesterday, so the release shouldn't be
too far away.

I did want to clarify one point: I'm currently using sip 3.0 and
matching PyQt3.0 versions, and plan to continue that until PyKDE2
is in sync with KDE3.0 final - hopefully 5 or 6 weeks away. If you
want the earliest availability for PyKDE2, you should grab a copy
of sip/PyQt3.0 *now* if you haven't already done so.

The next release of sip is virtually guaranteed to break PyKDE2 and
for various reasons it will take some time get PyKDE2 back in sync
with the most current sip release. PyKDE2 will be out of sync with
the most current sip/PyQt release for maybe a month or two while I
upgrade PyKDE2 and some of the associated development tools,
including some hardware/systems upgrades that I'm putting off until
PyKDE2 for KDE3.0 is released.

Jim