[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt 3.3rc3

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Jul 4 01:06:00 BST 2002

On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:02:47 +0100
"Phil Thompson" <phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The 3rd (and hopefully last) 3.3 release candidate is now available on
> the website.
>
> Major PyQt changes since 3.3rc2...
>
> The build system now takes a -c flag which concatenates a module's C++
> files together. Compiling PyQt on my 750MHz PIII now takes only 10
> minutes - so there is no excuse not to test it. :)
>
> Detlev Offenbach is now maintaining eric and has been adding lots of new
> features.
>
> There have been some fairly large changes to SIP - more than I would
> have liked between release candidates but were needed for the new build
> system to support Qt configurations with features disabled (ie. the Zaurus).
>
> Phil

Hm, I'm sorry, but I failed to get this going on a SuSE 7.2 with
Python 2.0 system. The error is now more obscure then ever:

hp at iron:~> python -c "from qt import Qt"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: cannot import name Qt

On my SuSE 7.3/Python 2.1, it runs fine. It's not a permission problem.
I straced this, but it doesn't reveal the problem to me, too. Attached.

python -c "import qt" and "from qt import *" works, BTW. What's wrong here?
Before somebody wonders, it's not my idea to import Qt from qt, it's from
site-packages/qttable.py.

Anybody still working on Python 2.0 with current PyQt?

I would love to get this running without updating to 2.1, because
it's a mission critical system with lots of old but important python
code running, and it's 630km away...

Hans-Peter