[PyKDE] ch.10 layout example

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jul 7 12:53:00 BST 2002

Hi Boudewijn,

studying your layout example leaves me with some questions:
 - what's the reason of removing and adding the widgetLayout?
   I've commented out this, because I didn't understand it,
   and it still works (but maybe leaking?).
 - I don't understand Qt's sizing policy. I tried to make it
   growing/shrinking to the real amount of space needed, but
   - have no idea, how Qt specify it's initial size?
   - it seems to be necessary to play games with sizeEvent
     to get the real current size, because the "grow" resize
     happens in Qts main loop. As a result, the way, I patched
     it in your example is 'one behind' on every shrink. May you
     have some better ideas?

Please be patient with me about those silly questions, but
I try to get some fundamental understanding in this topic.

TIA,
  Hans-Peter