[PyKDE] Too many problems compiling sip/pyqt with Bcc55 on windows

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 11:20:01 BST 2002

Willi Richert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the changelog says that for half a year borland c compiler is supported. Has
> somebody managed to build the sip/pyqt 3.3.2 stuff with it?
> Qt-Version: 3.0.5 (commercial)
>
> For some hours I am trying it out now, without success. There are to many
> quirks to list here. Nevertheless, two of them following:
> 1.) After build.py and make having compiled *.c it breaks:
> ilink32 @MAKE0000.@@@
> Error: Unresolved external 'WinMain' referenced fromd:\bcc55\lib\c0w32.obj
> ???
> After changing main.c (WinMain-stub which invokes main), it shows the second
> error:
>
> 2.) Borland lib-format is not compatible with the python lib-format.
> I know that I can convert the lib-format, but this also does not help
>
> Is this normal? Or do I have some compiler settings wrong?

The previous Borland support comprised Makefiles generated with a
patched version of tmake. I believe those patches have since been
applied to TT's version of tmake. The new build system relys on a
working tmake or qmake for any platform. I certainly have never tested
the ability to build with Borland as I don't have that compiler.