[PyKDE] Q_PROPERTY declaration problem

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Jun 21 13:11:00 BST 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:36:58 +0100
"Phil Thompson" <phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Yes, but it's c++ ancestor behaves different in this respect. It
> > displays it's editor on double click of the status field. Do you
> > have an idea, where this difference come from?
>

> Got it - fixed in the latest snapshot.

Just checked. StatusPicker is invoked correctly. But it's statusId
and setStatusId methods weren't. You can check this by appending:
mysql> use testdb
mysql> insert into status (id, name) values(4, "Driver");

Now, the status table isn't ordered anymore. Try choosing "Driver"
for a staff member. Also, the print statements weren't executed.

Again: It's my feeling, that this is related to the mysterious
Q_PROPERTY( int statusid READ statusId WRITE setStatusId )
declaration in main.h of sql/overview/table4. How does PyQt deal
with this or how should I deal with it?

> I haven't included any of your SQL based examples yet. Can you let me
> have a clean, up to date set of what you want included in the next few days?

Will go on preparing the working ones today. Would you mind creating
a sql subdir for them? I think, it's necessary to add a README on how
to get this working properly. I needed several approaches to get qt
working fine with databases. (This boils down to a ld version 2.2.{4,5}
problem with .so plugins). Will try to prevent PyQt database users
from running into those problems over and over again. I believe, this
would help making blackadder a more successful user experience in this
respect, too.

> Thanks,
> Phil

I love to see me making minor contributions to this fabulous project.

Thank you,
Hans-Peter