[PyKDE] pyuic problem

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Jun 22 15:01:00 BST 2002

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:46:22 +0100
"Eike Kock" <eike.kock at movatis.com> wrote:

> >Subject: Re: [PyKDE] pyuic problem
> >   From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net>
> >   Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:46:42 +0200
> >     To: Eike Kock <eike.kock at movatis.com>
> >     Cc: pykde at mats.gmd.de
> >
> >On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:59:44 +0200
> >"Eike Kock" <eike.kock at movatis.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> When I run pyuic it just says "No style available in non-gui
> >> applications!". What am I doing wrong?
> >>
> >> I'm currently testing PyQt on Windows XP and I compiled SIP and PyQt
> >> using the latest developer Snapshots.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Eike
> >
> >At least on Linux, pyuic from yesterday runs fine with a simple form.
> >Just checked.
> >
> >No XP nor VC available to crosscheck here. Sorry.
> >
> >I always wonder, how developers are able to work successfully
> >with only one single desktop, though.
> >
> >Hans-Peter
>
> Sorry - I didn't get it at first: I can just run pyuic on Linux.
> If you're not used to platform independant tools ...

[Off topic]

Well, you can read it both ways ;-) Primarily it was ment the way, that
I'm using eight different desktops on a single machine. After working
for a while, it not uncommon, that I have 30-50 windows open. Maybe
MS-Windows 98/2000 is one of them. Mostly web browsers and xterms, though.
Not to mention 1500 entries command history size, and 20000 lines
backscroll buffer in each xterm.

[completely esoteric]

If only software suspend would work on my _diskless_ setup! (Means, when
I boot my system, which happens not too often, it runs completely
independant from any local harddisk. I get exactly my environment, on
whatever system I login here) Did you get the difference?

> Thanks,
> Eike

G'day,
  Hans-Peter