[PyKDE] KDE 3 (Was: PyQt QClipboard bugs)

James Grant jamesg at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jun 28 04:35:00 BST 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:49, Phil Thompson wrote:
> James Grant wrote:
> > Before I was getting segfaults on exit from many PyQt applications,
> > didn't affect the running or anything. But PyQt has always seemed a bit
> > flakey on it.
>
> I've just upgraded to KDE 3.0.1 from KDE 2.2.2 and I'm now getting
> segfaults on most of the example scripts. Part of the backtrace is below
> (this is tut1.py). As you can see it is segfaulting in a KDE style plugin.
>
> Has anybody else seen anything like this with 3.3rc1?

The one I'm getting from PyQt 3.2.4 on exit is this:

[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 417)]
0x403cfc06 in QObject::removeEventFilter () from
/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
(gdb) where
#0  0x403cfc06 in QObject::removeEventFilter ()
   from /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#1  0x4080e484 in QMotifStyle virtual table ()
   from /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3

It existed with earlier 3.3 snapshots, just now with that pure virtual method
bug it won't actually get to that point.

I'm not actually using the Motif style, I'm using the KDE High Color one.
--
James.