[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt v3.3rc2

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 29 19:09:00 BST 2002

Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:06:30 +0100
> "Phil Thompson" <phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>v3.3rc2 of SIP and PyQt are now available from their respective download
>>pages. Changes include...
>>
>>- the build system does not use -fno-rtti by default
>>- Hans-Peter Jansen's SQL examples
>>- Detlev Offenbach's updates to eric
>>- other minor build system fixes
>>
>>eric is not installed by default. Now that Detlev has revived it I'll
>>change this for the final release.
>>
>>Again - *please* test the new build system.
>>

> So far no problems, a slight inconsistency of the new build system is
> the message about the now redundant make install step (here). But it
> does no harm either.

make install isn't redundant - it installs the .py and .pyc files (and
will install eric).

> OTOH, I needed fixes to pyuic3 (attached) to get SQL based forms going
> again. To make things easier, I've thrown them into the examples package.
> Funny is, that they originate exactly from the problem, Andreas Kloeckner
> described his week, and I've missed in my former patch...
>
> BTW: I think, hunk #3 is still correct, as it refers to controls, which
> should be accessible from derived classes, doesn't they?

Hunk 3 is correct, but the rest isn't.

The convention I follow is that self is needed if the equivalent C++
object is held in a private variable (rather than on the stack).

However, you obviously had a problem - and it looks like there is a bug
in the way PyQt implements QDataTable.setSqlCursor(), which I'll fix.

Thanks,