[PyKDE] Remove ListViewItem item from ListView

Laurent Claustre claustre at esrf.fr
Wed Mar 6 13:13:54 GMT 2002

Ok,  but you tried with toplevel item or children item? I mean if you
remove an item which has a ListViewItem
parent, the whole familly  is removed.

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 09:20:21AM +0100, Laurent Claustre wrote:
>
>>I'v got no help from my last e-mail about that, I know it can best
>>concerne a Qt mailing-list, but maybe someone from you  has find a
>>solution.  I don't know how to remove properly an item from Its
>>ListView or ListViewItem parent.  It seems for the moment the only way
>>is to clear the entire ListView and refill it afterward.  The ListView
>>I manage can display a huge tree structure and removing/refilling the
>>entire tree waste lot of cpu time.  Has anybody idea ?  Cheers.
>>

>I'll take a stab at this. I have a widget that uses QListView and
>QListViewItem. I just use the takeItem() function and let the variable
>pass out of scope. I don't know if that is correct, but it seems to
>work.
>
>Jonathan

	|  Laurent Claustre               | eMail: claustre at esrf.fr     |
	|  BeamLine Instrument Software   | Phone: +33 (0)476 88 29 12  |
	|  Support Group  (BLISS)         | Fax  : +33 (0)476 88 25 42  |
	|  Experiments        Division    | Central Building Room 150   |
	|            European Synchrotron Radiation Facility            |
	|   6 rue Jules Horowitz BP220 38042 Grenoble Cedex - France    |