[PyKDE] what changed in sip?

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 06:05:43 GMT 2002

ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 March 2002 07:05 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> > > Okay so I set it to Qt_3_0_2 and it fails with:
> > >         sip: Qt::HANDLE is undefined
> > > What else am I missing?
> >
> > At the risk of repeating myself...
> >
> > "You also need to define the platform you are interested in. These are
> > all defined in versions.sip." Something like...
> >
> >       sip -t Qt_3_0_2 -t WS_X11 ...
> >
> > ...depending on your platform.
>         okay, i guess somewhere it should be documented we can have multiple -t
> options ;)

It's mentioned in the ChangeLog. What? You want real documentation? :)

>         can I do things like -t WS_X11 and -t WS_WIN?
>
>         I need this because my automake scripts are cross platform and need both
> windows and unix support.

No. SIP used to generate a single set of code, heavily infested with
#ifdefs, that would build on all Qt versions on all platforms. This made
SIP very complex internally. As you would have noticed I now generate
different source packages for different Qt versions and platforms. When
I needed to add Qt/E's optional features, the complexity became too
great as I would have ended up with a 3 dimensional version problem.