[PyKDE] Windows build problems: QCanvasSpline

greg Landrum greglandrum at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 25 20:41:19 GMT 2002

[Configuration: Python 2.1.1, Win2K,MSVC++,Qt-Win-3.0.1 Evaluation,PyQt
3.1, Sip3.1]

I wanted to test the cross-platform promise of my little PyQt app this
morning, so I pulled down and installed the Qt 3.0.1 evaluation version for
windows (3.0.3 is not, to the best of my knowledge, available for eval on
windows) and then built PyQt 3.1.  Following the directions to do the build
was pretty painless (aside from the amount of Makefile editing which is
required), but I ended up with this problem:

ActivePython 2.1.1, build 212 (ActiveState)
Python 2.1.1 (#20, Jul 26 2001, 11:38:51) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
 >>> from qt import *
 >>> from qtcanvas import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "c:\Python21\Lib\site-packages\qtcanvas.py", line 95, in ?
     libqtcanvasc.sipRegisterClasses()
SystemError: Unable to find class object for QCanvasSpline

(okay, so I didn't follow the directions exactly, I put the qt modules in
Lib/site-packages instead of in Lib)

Any ideas?  Is this a 3.0.1 vs 3.0.3 issue?

-greg