[PyKDE] QWidget.winId() not working?

greg Landrum greglandrum at mindspring.com
Wed May 1 16:32:00 BST 2002

At 07:04 AM 5/1/2002, Phil Thompson wrote:
>greg Landrum wrote:
> >
> > Wow, what perfect timing.  I was going to send a question in about this
> > today too.
> >
> > It would be really convenient if there were some way to get an integer
> > (handle) for winId() on Windows as well.  I'm starting to experiment with
> > embedding ActiveX controls in qt windows and I am pretty sure an integer
> > window handle is required to do so.
>
>How will you pass the handle to the ActiveX control? Is there an ActiveX
>Python module that takes a handle? If so, what Python type does it
>expect?

There's a module (and some sample code) distributed with wxPython that uses
the Python win32 stuff to allow wxPython windows to embed ActiveX
controls.  My plan was to hack away using that as a starting point until I
got something working.

The call I need to pass the handle (hwnd) to is:
http://aspn.activestate.com//ASPN/Reference/Products/ActivePython/PythonWin/win32ui__CreateWindowFromHandle_meth.html

-greg