[PyKDE] Newbie trying to install PyQT + SIP

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Mon May 6 18:15:00 BST 2002

On Monday 06 May 2002 05:53 am, you wrote:

> There are different source packages for different versions of Qt - you
> seem to have downloaded the one for Qt v1.
>
> I do not produce a source package for Qt v3.0.3 because it's not the
> latest version. There is a source package for Qt v3.0.4.
>
> I'm happy to produce a package for Qt v3.0.2/3 if that's what currentRPMs
> distro's are shipping with - can I have feedback on that please?
>
> Phil

Thanks for feedback.

When I first downloaded KDE3 for Mankdrake 8.2 distro a couple weeks ago
from ftp.kde.org /pub/kde/stable/3.0/Mandrake/8.2/RPMS/i586 it was Qt v3.0.3,
but now I see this has since changed to v3.0.4 -- neither of these were
shipped with the actual latest distro CDs, which, as packaged, is still
KDE2.2 (next official release will no doubt include KDE3).

If I reinstall KDE3, which depends very much on current Qt3, I can shift to
newer version.  I originally thought libqt3-devel-3.0.3-2mdk.i586.rpm
contained the Qt source but perhaps this is incorrect, as /usr/lib/qt3/src
doesn't appear to contain many files.

Apologies for ignorance level -- coming from Python + Tk + Win32
background.

Kirby