[PyKDE] I Wish To Register A Complaint

Bill Soudan wes0472 at rit.edu
Thu May 9 19:33:00 BST 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Phil Thompson wrote:

> > > So, why don't users want to test pre-releases and release candidates?
> >
> > Speaking for myself there are 2 reasons.
> >
> > 1 PyQt takes forever to compile on my old puter (8+ hours)
>
> That's a fair point. Plus I suspect that there are a fair number of
> commercial PyQt users who haven't got the time in their development
> plans.

Maybe binary packages for the pre-releases would help?

Currently, I've been working with Jim B. on the KDE bindings.  Once he has
a released version I can use, I'll volunteer to build binary RH packages
of all three (sip, PyQt, PyKDE).  Perhaps (if CVS access is left on) I
could even set something up to build daily snapshots.

Bill