[PyKDE] RedHat 7.3; kde3.0; Python PyQt

Viorel Preoteasa viorelpreoteasa at hotmail.com
Mon May 20 20:05:01 BST 2002

>Viorel Preoteasa wrote:
> >
> > I have installed RedHat 7.3 with kde 3.0. It has Python2.2 and python
>1.5.2.
> > The PyQt package works only with python1.5.2.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to get it working with Python2.2? Also how can I
>see
> > what version of Qt is used by PyQt?
>
>It works fine with Python 2.2. Make sure you tell ./configure for both
>SIP and PyQt the path to the Python binary you want to use.
>
>Phil

But Python2.2 does not know about the PyQt modules. I did not compile the
sources myself I have installed them when I instaled the RedHat 7.3. I am
wandering if I can get them working without compiling them. It would be not
so easy I guess to start to unsinstall packages in RedHat, they depends on
the other and I hate to go throu a chain on changes.

Viorel