[PyKDE] Re: I Wish To Register A Complaint

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Mon May 20 21:57:00 BST 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:16:57PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > 2. It is tedious to test a beta.
>
> <snip>
>
> Thanks for you comments - and everybody elses on this subject.
>
> > 2. Compilation time : you must make your possible to reduce it.
> >
> > Compiler cache (http://ccache.samba.org/) might help. Or the other proposed
> > trick with all the cpp in one file.
>
> There are a couple of reasons why I might want SIP v4 to generate just
> one dirty great source file - but I'm a bit concerned about compilers
> choking on a source file that is several Mbytes.

Please, offer this as an option.

> Does anybody have any thoughts on this? In particular, are you using a
> compiler that might have a problem with this approach?

GCC won't give problems. With Microsoft compiler, you could probably go
with precompiled Qt headers. In fact, the 'all in one cpp' trick only does
that: parse redundant headers only one time. I've not a Windows machine
handy, and even then, I haven't a Microsoft compiler :-). I don't know
about others (Borland, etc). Maybe I could try with Intel's compiler (I
think I have copy of that here in my machine).