[PyKDE] Re: PyKDE-3.2.4-1 build problem on MDK 8.2

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed May 22 18:21:00 BST 2002

On 22-May-02 Antti Markus <antti.markus at starman.ee> wrote:

> When I'm trying to build PyKDE-3.2.4-1 then
> /configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3 --with-kde-dir=/opt/kde3
> fails as follows:
> [snip]
> checking options
> Building  dcop kdecore kdesu kdefx kdeui kio kfile kparts khtml
>    kjs kspell kdeprint
> sip: dcop
> sip: sip/dcop.sip:44: parse error
> sip -t Qt_3_0_4 -t KDE_3_0_0 -t WS_X11 -I sip -I
>    ../PyQt-3.2.4/sip/ -c dcop -m
     dcop/Makefile.tmp sip/dcop.sip -- failed

> I'm running Mandrake 8.2 with KDE 3.0.0 and Qt 3.0.4. PyQt-3.2.4
> compiled and

> installed fine and is working OK. What might be the problem? I
> have also attached copy of config.log as conf.log.gz.

The config log didn't make it to the list, but my guess is that
you're not running a current version of sip. Try 'sip -V' - it
should return at least 3.2, preferably 3.2.4. If that isn't the
problem, please let me know.

If the sip version is >3.2, you can delete line 44 and the
preceding comments BUT, you need to do the edit on
PyKDE-3.2.4/sip/kde30/dcop.sip-in, which is the base file used to
create dcop.sip (otherwise your edit will get overwritten). Line 44
is a "%Feature" definition for sip which is no longer used and
doesn't need to be there. With that line deleted, PyKDE might even
build with an older version of sip, but it won't run correctly.
If you do need to upgrade your sip version, it would be best to
remove the older sip version (and PyQt, which would also need to be
rebuilt) first.

Please post again if the problem persists.

Jim