[PyKDE] PyQt-x11-gpl-3.4/examples2/widgets.py: buggy or did I mis-install?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 21:49:00 GMT 2002

I just re-installed PyQt-x11-gpl-3.4 (with Python 2.2.2 on Mandrake 9.0) and
went around trying a few examples.  However examples2/widgets.py seems to
have many bugs -- or, more likely, symptoms that I mis-installed, but I'd
rather check this before I start digging into install problems.

When I change the entry in the dropdown darkBlue / darkRed / darkGreen etc:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "widgets.py", line 472, in comboBoxItemActivated
    QApplication.setWinStyleHighlightColor( Qt.darkGreen )
AttributeError: setWinStyleHighlightColor

and when I write in the entry field near the bottom of the window:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "widgets.py", line 480, in lineEditTextChanged
    txt = txt + newText
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'instance' objects

The other widgets appear to work fine with some cursory testing.

Thanks,

Alex