[PyKDE] Segmentation fault, when compiling with gcc-3.2

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Mon Nov 11 22:45:01 GMT 2002

> Thank you. I would have searched for that for ages. How did oyu have found
> that out?

Hans-Peter and I are making the suse rpms and had the same problems. But
after we gone mad, we contacted the suse maintainer of Qt/PyQt who brought a
bit of light in it :
He applied a fast-malloc patch for Qt/KDE which speeds up application startup
by 10-15%. It is taken (afaik) out of glibc 2.3 branch. And it seemed to work,
except for this dynamic linking that python (and perl, java ...) uses when
opening and binding to a c-module ...

Bye
-Marc