[PyKDE] Kudos and Questions from a New Convert

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Nov 20 23:31:00 GMT 2002

"Ken Godee" <ken at perfect-image.com> writes:

> So one, your assuming everyone has python and Tk installed
> already but not Qt/PyQt?

Yes. That is the case with most modern Linux distributions. They may
have Qt (for KDE), but not PyQt.

Moreover, installing Python and Tk is less trouble than installing Qt
and PyQt, in my experience.

> Can't you compile static libs/apps with Qt/PyQt or use something
> like "installer" for linux or Py2exe for windows?

My target group is any Unix platform. Windows-only or Linux-only
solutions are not sufficient. It can be a bit more difficult for
non-Linux systems (which more often have a professional systems
administrator), but it must remain reasonable.

Konrad.