[PyKDE] Editor survey

Christian Bird cbird at lineo.com
Fri Oct 4 03:50:01 BST 2002

On Thursday 03 October 2002 1:43 pm, Eron Lloyd wrote:
> Speaking of Kate I was just messing around with the version included in KDE
> 3.1b4, and it's coming along quite well. In fact, I even noticed the
> beginning of a Python source browser! You can use it to list functions and
> classes (and I think global variables) so far.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eron

A while ago I took Phil's advice to heart and wrote my own python
class-browser plug-in for kate.  I'm currently working on code-completion and
call-tips.  Unfortunately kate doesn't yet have python bindings (although
they are planned) so it all has to be in C++.  Kate already has a good
framework for code completion and other cool features.  If anyone else uses
kate and has good ideas to add to the plugin let me know.

-- Christian Bird
cbird at lineo.com