[PyKDE] kdepyuic broken

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Oct 16 19:37:01 BST 2002

On 16-Oct-02 Marc Schmitt wrote:
> I just tried to use kdepyuic, but it's only chaos. There are
> missing '"', commas where periods expected and lots of
> function-calls which simply are not there. On the other hand,
> pyuic does work very well and is able to include kde-widgets
> which were generated by qtdesigner, but it does not import
> anything from the kdelibs.

> Wouldn't it be best to simply include those import statements
> into pyuic and burn kdepyuic, as this could also reduce
> confusion about ui-generators ?

I'll check it out and either fix it or trash it for the next
release. At the moment, I don't recall why I wrote it (I was even
surprised to find out I did) - I imagine it came out of a request or
comment on the mailing list, as I don't use qtdesigner much myself.

It doesn't really do much - I'm surprised it causes that much
trouble. I'm not sure what's involved in getting pyuic to add the
kdecore/kdeui imports (or more importantly not add them for
non-PyKDE stuff).

Jim