[PyKDE] PyKDE and kde 3.0.4

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Oct 22 06:43:00 BST 2002

On 22-Oct-02 Jim Gifford wrote:
> Where can I find a patch for pykde and KDE 3.0.4 libs?

At the moment it would require time travel about a week or two into
the future.

The only problems with PyKDE on KDE 3.0.4 are:

1. There are a couple of bugs in a couple of khtml
sip files; see the thread

   [PyKDE] Runtime issues on SuSE 8.1

on the archive for this list for fixes (these are
bugs that gcc 2.95 didn't catch but gcc 3.x does -
they aren't strictly required for 3.0.4)

2. Add "304" to the KDEVers list near the top of
"build.py" and "KDE_3_0_4" to the %Timeline stmt in
PyKDE-3.3.2/sip/kde303/dcop.sip.

Also, Marc Schmitt did PyKDE rpms for SuSE 8.1, but I don't know
where he's made them available. Marc?

It would seem to be trivial to get a new release out, but I have
some patches for the latest RH release to incorporate as well,
along with a few other minor changes. I just finished overhauling
the mail system for my business today (100+ spam/day to 1 spam in
the last two days, plus lots of other fixes badly needed - see the
spambayes project on sourceforge for a comparable spam filter; I
did something slightly different, but theirs is probably better).
I also have to file my state use tax returns for the last 3
quarters (I only owe about $50 but it's a PITA to get to). If I
don't, I'll be finding out if the county jail has broadband -
I'm not that interested in knowing. After that, PyKDE updates are
next on the list, and 3.1 should be released pretty soon too.

Once again, sorry for the delays.

Jim