[PyKDE] New Eric (First Post)

Jack Neal nealj at nls.net
Sun Oct 27 12:34:01 GMT 2002

I just invested in Komodo, and the one feature I wanted (i.e. something like
an Object Browser like VB) is right on the side of the Eric screenshot.

Rats.

Anyhow, this is my first post to the mailing list.  I have been playing with
Linux for a couple months and I initially walked away from it because I
couldn't develop for it - I liked my alternatives in OpenOffice, KDE, and
the open software that was out there.  I'm a VB/MSSQL programmer by trade
and I've spent all my life with BASIC - at work we are an all Microsoft
shop, so my options are limited there.

However, after looking at Qt and Python and seeing that the people on this
list tied things together, I am now in the process of ditching Windows and
looking forward to doing some work with PyQT and PyKDE in my spare time.
I'll have questions from time to time, but all in all, this looks like a
great way to hook people into Linux, and I hope that the distro's out there
bundle your stuff in by default.  I think this project and the open source
movement in general is absolutely wonderful, and I think its a great time to
be developing.

Thank you!

Jack Neal
Application Developer