[PyKDE] PyQt/E and gcc 3.2?

Michael Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Sep 3 00:59:00 BST 2002

Hi,

in my ongoing quest to get PyQt 3.3.2 to compile with Qt/Embedded 2.3.x,
I have made some progress. Patching <tmake>/lib/linux-g++/tmake.conf
eliminates the problem where sip and PyQt detect Qt/Embedded but tmake
still spits out the library and include flags for Qt/X11. Phil, what did
you do to the tmake output in the old autoconf build scheme that it
worked there ?

On to another - and unfortunately related - note, which gives me
headaches...

since upgrading to the final version of
gcc 3.2 I'm seemingly unable to compile a working sip. A fresh build
of qtE-2.3.x and sip always gives an unresolved reference while
importing:

[mickey at pegasus mickey]$ python
Python 2.2.1 (#1, Sep  2 2002, 22:11:51)
[GCC 3.2] on linux2
>>> import libsip
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: /home/mickey/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libsip.so:
undefined symbol: _ZTI7QObject

Note that I am pretty sure that there are no version conflicts or
side-effects from other builds lying around.

Any insights?

Sincerely,

--
:M:
Dipl.-Inf. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
  Raum 10b - ++49 69 798 28358       Fachbereich Informatik und Biologie