[PyKDE] Pythons slots? how?

Frederick Polgardy Jr polgardy at bodacion.com
Wed Sep 4 00:18:00 BST 2002

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 05:10 pm, Burley, Brent wrote:
> class FruitMenu(QPopupMenu):
>     def __init__(self):
>         QPopupMenu.__init__(self)
>         self.insertItem('apple', self, SLOT('apple()'))
>         self.insertItem('orange', self, SLOT('orange()'))
>     def apple(self): print 'apple'
>     def orange(self): print 'orange'

I don't understand.  Why can't you just say:

        self.insertItem('apple', self, self.apple)
        self.insertItem('orange', self, self.orange)

How is that different from connecting to self.handleChoice, as you do below?
As far as I know, PyQt can take a Python callable anywhere it's appropriate
to use a receiver and a slot.

Am I wrong?

Fred

--

F R E D E R I C K   P O L G A R D Y   J R.
Bodacion Technologies - A Virtual Media Company