[PyKDE] PyQT Mac OS X (Again)

Ivan Porres iporres at abo.fi
Wed Sep 11 08:49:00 BST 2002

Hi,

I am new to the list, but I have been using pyqt (not pykde) for more than
one year. We have created a quite large application with PyQt, around
100.000 lines of code and I general I am quite happy with the Python / Qt
combo and with pyqt. Available at
http://www.abo.fi/~iporres/Projects/fog0000000023.html

My question was about the status of the Mac OS X port for pyqt.
Is there any advance? Is there a need for help?. The X11 version of QT3 has
been ported to OS X by the fink project. Will this help? I understand that
this is based on the Unix/Linux Qt, not the Mac Qt, so I assume that it
would be easier to port PyQt using this version of Qt. On the other hand, it
would require an X server such as Xdarwin running.

Ivan