[PyKDE] Q: PyQt for opie from v0.6-pre1 ?

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Tue Sep 17 22:13:01 BST 2002

On Dienstag, 17. September 2002 13:49, Ralf Ackermann wrote:
> Could somebody successfully use PyQt on an ipaq running v0.6-pre1-opie?
> What python ipkgs (and from which feed) have to be installed as a
> precondition? Are there any PyQt ipkgs that can be used? Is it possible to
> use those provided for the Zaurus at
> 	http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/download.php
> If so - are there any special dependencies to consider ?

Hi. In use it in our company for testing purposes. It was no problem at all.
Just make sure you have python installed, connect your box to the net and do

wget http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/download/PyQt/pyqt_3.4-1.0_arm.ipk
ipkg install pyqt_3.4-1.0_arm.ipk

 (best out of a tempdir). When you want to test it from the serial console,
enter

export QTDIR=/opt/QtPalmtop
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to prevent you from getting unresolved symbol errors.  If you have any further
questions, shoot.

-Marc