[PyKDE] ANNOUNCING PyQwt-sip34_20020807 - some problems on Win32

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 10:02:00 BST 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 3:07 am, Peter Lipa wrote:
> Hi Gerard,
> Thanks for the updated release and your progress on PyCute - looks great
> (after a few minutes of testing)!
>
> Here is some feedback:
> I built the win32 commercial Qt3.05 version
> PyQwt-sip332_20020807-Qt-305.win32-py2.2.exe and corresponding .zip with no
> problems at the
> compile and packaging steps. (However I have runtime problems which I
> didn't have with the previous version - see below).
> I only had to uncomment the two lines:
>             # is this true?
>             qt_library_name = 'qt-mt305'
>             extra_version = '-Qt-305'
> in the pyqt_support.py (yes, you guesset trolltech's naming convetion
> correctly on windows)
>
> I am happy to send you the the binary PyQwt windows installer and zip
> builds for the Qt3.0.5 commercial if you want to put them on your website.
> For a binary-only release, according the the commercial qt license,  I see
> no problem with sending you also the qt-mt305.dll (without the souce of
> course) so you can run and test the commercial version of the  win32 PyQwt
> package yourself.

Then you need to read your Qt license more closely. Gerard would then become a
developer as far as Trolltech (and I) were concerned and would need a
commercial Qt license (and a commercial PyQt license of course).

When I've been in this situation in the past, it's been done with me being
given a remote login to the "donor's" development system, and I've asked for
confirmation in writing that the "donor" has the necessary Qt commercial
license in place.