[PyKDE] PyKDE Change in Plans

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Wed Apr 2 00:26:01 BST 2003

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 13:23, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> Following up on Phil's "Incompatible SIP Change" message, I've
> decided to make a slight change in the PyKDE release schedule.
>
> Within the next couple of days, I'll release a snapshot of the next
> PyKDE release. This snapshot will be based on sip 3.5. If you're
> using sip 3.5 it will build as delivered.
>
> To use it with the "incompatible" sip snapshot you'll need to do the
> following before building:
>
> 1. grep the sip files for "sipName":
>
>     grep sipName .../sip/*.sip

three dots?

> There are only 7 occurances
>
> 2. Replace all occurances of "sipName_module_something" with
> "sipName_something". For example
>
> sipBadVirtualResultType(sipName_kdeui_KDateValidator,
>     sipName_kdeui_validate);
>
> becomes:
>
> sipBadVirtualResultType(sipName_KDateValidator, sipName_validate);

Hmm.... if you have the appropriate commands installed:

grep -l "sipName" ../sip/*.sip | xargs -n 1 -i sed -r -i
"s/(sipName_)([a-zA-Z]+_)/\1/g" {}

Which will do it in one commandline (but with only seven occurences it might
be overkill - however, I've used that to replace defines, code, etc. many
times).

The basic command is:

sed -r -i "s/(sipName_)([a-zA-Z]+_)/\1/g" <filename>

which will take:

kibab at main kibab $ cat mytestfile
sipName_kdeui_KatePart sipName_kdeui_Mytest

and turn it into:
sipName_KatePart sipName_Mytest

This, of course, assumes that no underscore will be present in module names.

Finally, if I'm wrong and this kills your system, well, oops ;)

--Kaleb