[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.5-1

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Apr 5 10:56:01 BST 2003

PyKDE-3.5-1 (.tar.gz) is available at:

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pykde

The download link is on the download page.

This version requires sip 3.5 and PyQt 3.5. It's a little more than
a development snapshot and a little less than what I wanted in a
final release. The major deficiencies are a little untested code
(for long long handling) and some missing features (demos, docs,
more testing, etc.). There is a set of documentation (html) in the
tarball, along with a couple new demo programs in the examples*/
directories. The various KSharedPtr based classes (KService,
KMimeType, etc) should now work.

This version builds against Python from 1.5.2 through 2.2.2
(haven't tested the 2.3 beta), KDE 2.1.1 through 3.1.1, and Qt 2.3.0
through 3.1.1. It's been tested (successfully too) against various
SuSE versions (7.1 - 8.1) and RH 8.0 (gcc 2.95 and 3.2). Keep in
mind that for PyQt or PyKDE programs to run on SuSE 8.1, it's
necessary to export the environment variable KDE_MALLOC = n. Also
remember that using the -c switch when running build.py
dramatically reduces compile times,

for KDE >= 3.0.0:

   python build.py -lqt-mt -c

for KDE < 3.0.0
   python build.py -lqt -c

You still need to be root to run make and make install.

This version will *not* build with the latest sip snapshot - the
fix for that is fairly simple and was posted a few days ago. I'll
be taking a few days off to do my business taxes and some other
stuff, and then be back at this so that (hpopefully) everything is
complete for the Python 2.3 and sip 3.6 releases coming up.

Jim