[PyKDE] PyQT on Mandrake 9.1 issues

Damien Bateman pykde at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 13:25:01 BST 2003

 --- Gerard Vermeulen <gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr>
wrote:
> This should show up in the 'features' file that is
> created by build.py. It should contain a line like:
> -x Qt_STYLE_SGI
>
> This should prevent sip from creating the SGI_STYLE
> related
> files. Did you try a clean build? (I do not know if
> make gets
> confused by those files generated in previous tries,
> but it
> may help).

First up, thanks for your assistance Gerard - it is
much appreciated.

Ok, it turns out that 'make clean' doesn't remove the
features file and, according to the build script, if
one exists, it uses it instead of creating a new one.
So, of course, the first time I tried building without
the #define QT_NO_STYLE statements in qconfig.h, a
blank features file was created. On subsequent
attempts PyQT didn't know to disable the styles, even
after a make clean. My bad, although this is most
certainly a gotcha if you don't know the PyQT build
process very well.

I'm now compiling PyQT again after deleting the
features file and making sure qttest.cpp creates the
proper one. I'll post the outcome to the list just so
we have another thread on a Mandrake 9.1 related
issue.

> This is harmless: the 'import libsip' in qt.py &
> friends
> make that the libsip gets loaded (ldd libqtmodule.so
> gives
> the same result on my system).

OK. That's good.

Cheers,