[PyKDE] Non-threaded Qt?

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Apr 7 22:12:00 BST 2003

On 07-Apr-03 Marc Lavallée wrote:
> It seems that PyKDE needs the non-threaded version of QT. I
> already recompiled Qt in order to compile PyQt. I'd like to know
> if it's possible to compile Qt to include the
> non-threadedlibraries along with the theaded librairies.

Yes, if that's really what you need. Whether you need the threaded
or non-threaded libs depends on the KDE version. KDE 2.x.x uses the
non-threaded Qt lib (libqt.so), KDE 3.x.x uses the threaded Qt lib
(libqt-mt.so). If you have a rpm based distribution, you should
either have or be able to get an rpm version of either lib.

You select the lib when building PyKDE (and sip and PyQt) with the
-l switch. For either PyQt or PyKDE:

KDE 2.x.x:
    python build.py -lqt -c

KDE 3.x.x:
    python build.py -lqt-mt -c

For sip (or if you have 128MB of RAM or less), don't use the -c
switch.

Note also that (in general) PyKDE for KDE 2.x.x uses Qt 2.3.x and
PyKDE for KDE 3.x.x uses Qt >= 3.0.0, and you need to build sip and
PyQt against the same Qt version you'll use with PyKDE.

Jim