[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.5-2 Release

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Apr 9 08:17:01 BST 2003

I'll be sending a bug fix release to Phil shortly for posting on
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pykde. It should be available
there within the next couple days (I'm waiting for a test build to
finish and updating the Changelog, THANKS, etc.) This will be
version PyKDE-3.5-2. There is no reason to download this release
*unless*:

1. You had problems with build.py as reported previously on the list

2. When running the menu or xml examples, the wrong version or a
non-existent version of Python was being invoked by the demo program

3. You had problems compiling with KDE >= 3.0.0 because of a
missing qlist.h

You can also find workarounds for all of those problems in the list
archives if you want to avoid the download.

PyKDE-3.5-2 doesn't have any changes from PyKDE-3.5-1 in terms of
compiling or PyKDE functionality. It also isn't updated to work
with sip/PyQt snapshots later than 3/31 (there is a fix for that
detailed in an earlier msg on the list as well).

The only reported bug not dealt with was the problem with the
KService copy constructor on Mandrake 9.1. I have a copy of
Mandrake 9.1 on order and will check it out - hopefully next week.

Jim