[PyKDE] Problems in building PyKDE-3.5-2

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Apr 15 17:58:01 BST 2003

On 15-Apr-03 Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 April 2003 3:43 pm, Mateusz Korniak wrote:
>> I'm trying to build PyKDE-3.5.2 bindings to kde 3.1.1a (over qt
>> 3.1.2)
>> I have alredy build with success
>> PyQt snap20030413
>> sip snap20030405

>> but got stuck with KDE bindings *

>> Checking archive I step over:
>> http://mats.gmd.de/pipermail/pykde/2003-April/004997.html
>> "PyKDE-3.5-2 (...) isn't updated to work
>> with sip/PyQt snapshots later than 3/31 (there is a fix for that
>> detailed in an earlier msg on the list as well). "

>> Should I use release versions of PyQt and sip ? (I remember them
>> having
>> problems with building PyQt with qt 3.1.2). I am unable to find
>> mentioned
>> msg fixing that problem, either :( .
>> Any hints ? TIA

> To build PyQt 3.5 with Qt v3.1.2, comment out the line...

> void layoutEditors();

> ...from qdatetimeedit.sip

Or you can use PyKDE with the recent PyQt/sip snapshots if you do
the following to PyKDE:

1. grep the sip files for "sipName":

    grep sipName .../sip/*.sip

There are only 7 occurances

2. Replace all occurances of "sipName_module_something" with
"sipName_something". For example

sipBadVirtualResultType(sipName_kdeui_KDateValidator,
    sipName_kdeui_validate);

becomes:

sipBadVirtualResultType(sipName_KDateValidator, sipName_validate);

3. Build as usual

Jim