[PyKDE] KDE XML GUI ActionLists

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Tue Apr 22 22:08:01 BST 2003

Jim Bublitz wrote:
> imagining it too). I still think I'd try using
> KMainWindow.actionCollection() and/or instantiating a separate
> KActionCollection (just in place of the 'None' - not replacing the
> list of KAction you generate).

I originally had self.actionCollection() which I later replaced with
None. It wasn't working either.

I really don't think the actions need to be in the KMainWindow's action
collection because they're dynamic (almost temporary) actions that are
thrown away and recreated each time the list is updated. To my mind, the
action collection is for static, well known, named actions.

> Maybe check for typos again - I spent 15 minutes last night
> tracking down a bug that turned out to be that I'd typed __ instead
> of _ .

I'll see if I can spot anything.

Ciao,
Gordon