[PyKDE] SIP Support for C++ Operators and Exceptions

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 21:03:00 BST 2003

Tonight's SIP snapshot supports C++ operators and exceptions.

Thanks to Oliver Kohlbacher for contributing the exception support (enabled
through the new -e flag to SIP). However, my integration of it is completely
untested - over to you Oliver.

Handwritten code is not needed for most operators. Existing handwritten code
will need to be changed - see the PyQt .sip files for examples.

No new operators have been added to PyQt (although the existing ones have been
changed where appropriate). I'll get around to this eventually.

I don't intend to do any more work (apart of from bug fixes) on SIP or PyQt
before the release of v3.6 which will hopefully be next week.