[PyKDE] PyKDE compling woes with current snapshots

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Thu Apr 24 08:34:00 BST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile PyKDE 3.5-2 (plus patches, see below) using the latest
snapshots of sip and PyQt: sip-x11-gpl-snapshot-20030423 and
PyQt-x11-gpl-snapshot-20030423.

Patches attached:
 * sipName: sipName changes for Phil's changes upcoming sip 3.6.
 * subclass: My subclass map in KMainWindow, with correct sipNames.
 * ListToArray: I just copied the code from PyQt, there's probably a better
way of doing this.
 *pyArgvToC: Ditto.
 * kurl: The sip generated code was already calling sipParseArgs. This seems
to be the way that PyQt code does it. Is there a way of improving the naming
of the parsed args produced by the sip generated code, so that one could use
'idx' instead of 'a0' for instance in the hand-written code?

Now I've run into a compile error that has me stumped:

sipkpartsKPartsPart.cpp: In method `void
sipKParts_MainWindow::setInstance(KInstance *)':
sipkpartsKPartsPart.cpp:1817: no matching function for call to
`sipKParts_PartBase::sipVH_setInstance (sipMethodCache *, sipThisType *&,
KInstance *&)'
sipkpartsKPartsPartBase.h:59: candidates are: static void
sipKParts_PartBase::sipVH_setInstance(const sipMethodCache *, sipThisType *,
KInstance *, bool)
sipkpartsKPartsFactory.cpp: In method `void
sipKParts_DockMainWindow::setInstance(KInstance *)':
sipkpartsKPartsFactory.cpp:2363: no matching function for call to
`sipKParts_PartBase::sipVH_setInstance (sipMethodCache *, sipThisType *&,
KInstance *&)'
sipkpartsKPartsFactory.cpp:1723: candidates are: static void
sipKParts_PartBase::sipVH_setInstance(const sipMethodCache *, sipThisType *,
KInstance *, bool)

Any ideas?

Ciao,
Gordon