[PyKDE] lack of kthml.DOMTreeView :/

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Apr 24 18:07:00 BST 2003

On 24-Apr-03 Mateusz Korniak wrote:
> On Thursday 24 of April 2003 16:38, you wrote:
>> On 23-Apr-03 Mateusz Korniak wrote:
>> > Is any particular reason why that class is missing in PyKDE ?
>>
>> Yes - it's not in kde3/include in standard distributions, which
>> means I have to ship the KDE h file with PyKDE.

> Ah , you are right. I was mislead (by kde docs and source) that
> DOMTreeView is
> _standard_ component of khtml.

> [matkor at appserver ~/rpm/SOURCES/kdelibs-3.1.1a/khtml]$ ls *tree*
> domtreeview.cpp  domtreeview.h

> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.0-api/classref/kh
> tml/DOMTreeView.html

I hadn't checked the classRef - I guess I'd think if it's in there,
it should be considered 'standard' and included. All I have to do
is add the h file to PyKDE. The problem with KDE is that I can't
count on people having kdelibs-3.1.1/khtml installed (and don't
want to force people to install it), and kde3/include (from
kdelibs-devel*.rpm I think), doesn't include a sufficient set of h
files. domtreeview.h isn't a dependency in this case, so it doesn't
get picked up by PyKDE because it's not in the 'standard' include/
distribution.

>> There are a number of h files that are in KDE's kdelibs source
>> distribution that don't show up in kde3/include in a normal
>> Linux distribution (or KDE rpm install). It isn't practical to
>> include all of these in PyKDE.

> I see. I will deal with problem in another way.

At the moment you'll have to. I'll try to get it in the bug fix
release coming up - it's only a small change.

If you find anything else that's missing, I'd appreciate hearing
about it - I haven't done much with the khtml/kjs stuff and
probably won't for quite a while, so feedback on what's needed
there is very helpful.

Jim