[PyKDE] using pyqt classes from an embedded python in a qt app

Manuel Klimek klimek at box4.net
Fri Aug 8 15:33:01 BST 2003

Hi there,

I'm embedding python as a scripting language for a mud client,
which is written in C++ (and supports perl as scripting language, too ;-)
Now of course I'd like to be able to create Qt objects from
the scripts. using
from qt import *
and then generating a PyQt object segfaults (ok, I didn't really
believe it to just work ;-)
I googled around, but didn't find any docs on what I have to
change in my Qt program to be able to use PyQt objects in an
embedded python interpreter. I assume it's something like
giving the global qt app to the python module (but then again,
the global qt app object is global, so the python module could
find out that there's already a qapplication running and just
take this, couldn't it?)
Any points to documentation on this would be highly appreciated...
Or tell me that I have to RTFS (translation: "please be so kind as
to read the source code" ;-)

oh, and because probably people who worked on PyQt are
reading this list: Great Job !
PyQt is just what our mud client lacks, it rocks :-)

bye,
	Manuel