[PyKDE] Mail problem

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Fri Aug 8 19:16:00 BST 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:42:32AM -0700, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> I seem to be screwing up the threading on the list (at least I am
> on my system). The reason is the headers on list messages are
> getting screwed up - there's a Return-Path for the sender that
> "overloads" the list's Return-Path, so I need to manually add
> the list address (which I usually forget to do) or hit "Reply
> All" instead of "Reply" (which I didn't realize would fix it,
> but will probably also forget to do). Usually I notice my
> mistake when the msg doesn't show up in my inbox and then I
> resend the msg which screws up threading.

Mh... This is because the list manager doesn't rewrites the Reply-To
so it points to the list. There are bitter flame-wars everytime this
issue arises, as either behaviours have its (usually fierce) own
fanatics.

Most reasonable mail readers will provide you with "Reply list" (with
mutt, this is "L" - by default, IIRC). Maybe you'll need to mark the
list mail address as "list" somewhere in your config file. Sample from
my ~/.muttrc:

 subscribe pykde
 subscribe debian-
 subscribe eoc at liw.iki.fi

On mutt, this has two effects for mails that include one of those
patterns at To: or Cc:; marking the messages with "L" (from a list) and
filling To: with that mail address when pressing "L".

Mmh... You seem to be using Kmail, and Google(TM) says that Kmail has
the Reply List feature at least from v1.2. And it has that convenient
"L" shortcut too :-)