[PyKDE] build.py issues, WAS: PyKDE 3.7 on Mandrake

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Mon Aug 11 08:56:01 BST 2003

On Sunday 10 August 2003 21:17, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Well, none of my patches is really _essential_ for build.py. It's rather
> a long overdue clean up with some useful extensions.

Well, it fixed the problems I was having.

> > _that_ easy, I had to remake the build.py patch) But after a lot of
> > compiling everything seems to be working.
>
> What do you understand under "remake the patch". Didn't it apply?
> What changes where needed? I would be interested in a diff -u between
> your and my version.

I was using the 3.7-3 build.py and I might have had a conflicting patch too.
Either way it was not a big deal.

> > * I had to hack my qconfig.h file locally (style stuff) to get PyQt
> > working.
> Qt configure suck rocks.

Someone posted a patch here for build.py that claims to work around a bad
qconfig.h. I might use it.

> > * "Build as non-root" is vital for packagers BTW.
> The whole magic is the possibility to build into an independant dir.

yup.

> > * If anyone wants to try out my (collection of) RPMs, I can put it
> > all up on a website.
>
> You may ask Jonathan Gardner for enabling your sf.net account to
> maintain the mandrake packages on sf. Packaging is an important part
> of any successful project.

ok, I'll work something out. It is also complicated by the fact that mandrake
keep on changing the way they package stuff and end up breaking compatability
between releases. (now devel dependances appears as devel(Perl) etc in the

Cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/