[PyKDE] PyKDE update 200308011

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Aug 11 22:49:00 BST 2003

I'm rapidly losing track of all the things I need/want to do, so
it's shorter just to list the things that are actually
happening.

The problems with kfile (thread: PyKDE-3.7-3, things missing in
this version...?) are being worked on - Phil says it's a really
bizarre problem and I believe it. There will be a sip snapshot
tonight (http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/download/snapshots/ -
you'll need both sip and PyQt snapshots I think) that works
around the missing classes, but I need to do some stuff on my
end before Phil can get to the missing methods problem. There
won't be a PyKDE snapshot - PyKDE-3.7-3 should be compatible
with tonight's sip/PyQt snapshots. The fix only involves changes
to sip and not to PyKDE.

There probably WON'T be a PyKDE-3.7-4. The next PyKDE release
will be a PyKDE snapshot that requires the sip/PyQt snapshots
and breaks compatibility (for PyKDE) with sip 3.6 and 3.7. Phil
has fixed one other minor sip bug that affected PyKDE and added
a convenience feature for PyKDE, so I'll be pulling out the
PyKDE workarounds/kludges related to those. We're on the road to
PyKDE-3.8 now. The bug in building against KDE 3.1.3 is mostly a
technical error and shouldn't really affect anybody, so that
will be fixed in the snapshot heading for 3.8. The new build.py
will also be in the snapshot.

I'll be building against Phil's latest as soon as he posts it and
will report results here, probably later tonight.

Jim