[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.7-4 Release

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Fri Aug 15 20:26:01 BST 2003

On August 15, 2003 02:21 am, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> I'm in the process of doing some final test builds of PyKDE
> 3.7-4, and barring any problems should be emailing the release
> to Phil tonight. It should be at http://riverbankcomputing.co.uk
> within 24 hours.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I had to modify the build.py to make it run
on my installation. My installation is as follows:

python 2.2 installed into /usr (deb package), sip 3.7 and pyqt 3.7 installed
into /usr/local.

When I ran the PyKDE build.py I got the following error:

ldd: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: No such file or
directory
Can't determine if PyQt uses libqt-mt
Error: PyQt linked to Qt lib which is incompatible with KDE version
(threading)
-- from line 664 in build.py

It was looking for the PyQt modules in the python 2.2 standard site-packages
directory instead of the /usr/local location which I had specified with the
-d option to the PyKDE build.py. So I changed the PyKDE build.py on line 658,
to use modDir instead of platPySiteDir and that seemed to work.

This changes the assumption that PyQt is installed in the standard python
site-packages directory, into the assumption that PyQt is installed in the
location where you are going to install PyKDE. IMHO, that is a better
assumption to make unless you want to add another option for the location of
the PyQt modules.

My PyQt segfault problem seems to have mysteriously gone away, so I'll let you
know how my PyKDE app works once I've got everything compiled.

Ciao,
Gordon