[PyKDE] Huge amount of time

Vincent Wagelaar vincent at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 20 22:16:01 BST 2003

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 21:56, Frederick Polgardy Jr wrote:
> Faster to create, that is.  They may be a tiny hair slower to use,
> because xrange computes each index when you ask for it.
>
> On Wednesday 20 August 2003 02:52 pm, Frederick Polgardy Jr wrote:
> > Xrange provides iterator semantics without actually creating a
> > sequence, so it will always be faster, but the speed isn't noticeable
> > to a human in this case.

Much easier is to override paintCell of QTable.

    def paintCell ( self, p, row, col, cr, selected):
        self.verticalHeader().setLabel(row, str(row *2))
        QTable.paintCell ( self, p, row, col, cr, selected, self.colorGroup())

The header will now be painted on demand....

My experience with PyQT is to pull the data from your data structures. Works
much faster than iterating over objects.

Cheers,
Vincent