[PyKDE] Problems with KApplication.quit ()

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Aug 27 20:57:01 BST 2003

On Wednesday August 27 2003 11:20, Frederick Polgardy Jr wrote:
> If I remember correctly, this had something to do with
> out-of-order destruction of certain KDE objects (like
> KApplication before KMainWindow) due to the undefined order of
> keys in namespaces, correct?

Yes, but it's more complicated in KDE because of
queryClose/queryExit, and the fact that they're in
kdeui/KMainWindow and KApplication is in kdecore. Interestingly,
the code I used works when done in Python, but not when done in
C++ (identical code in identical place) - probably the same kind
of "destruction order" issues. It's also odd that closing from
the title bar button has always worked - I tried emulating that
sequence but it still segfaulted.

The fix really belongs in KMainWindow::closeEvent I think, and
eventually I'll have to put it there (I believe Phil is
abolishing the module .py files from sip), but it won't be
pleasant to do.

Jim