[PyKDE] ANN: PyQt v3.9, SIP v3.9, SIP v4.0rc1 Released

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Dec 7 17:47:34 GMT 2003

On Sunday December 7 2003 05:05, Phil Thompson wrote:
> New versions of PyQt, SIP v3.x and SIP v4.x are now available
> from http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk

> PyQt v3.9 can be used with either SIP v3.9 or SIP v4.0rc1.
> Changes include the addition of the QImageIO and
> QListViewItemIterator classes, and the qInstall*() functions.
> Most changes are internal to support SIP v4.x.

> SIP v4.0rc1 requires Python v2.3 or later. There are no
> outstanding bug reports - it's only the minimal documentation
> that's preventing the final release of v4.0. SIP v4.x uses
> new-style classes and is required for MacOS/X.

> SIP v3.9 will work for any Python release.

> PyQt and SIP include a new build system - using configure.py.
> The old build system (using build.py) is included, but please
> try the new one first.

I haven't really looked at sip/PyQt 3.9 yet, but I expect PyKDE
as currently configured will have difficulty building with them
only because of build system changes.

I'll be releasing a PyKDE 3.8.1 as soon as I can finsih it and
probably a PyKDE 3.9 followed by 4.0. The latter two probably
won't be released until January.

Jim