[PyKDE] news about non-commercial license

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Sun Dec 14 19:56:01 GMT 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:46:08 +0000
Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sunday 07 December 2003 1:00 am, david wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Here is news from trolltech site
> > (http://www.trolltech.com/download/qt/noncomm.html) :
> >

> >   "Qt NON-COMMERCIAL EDITION FOR MICROSOFT WINDOWS
> >
> > * We have decided to discontinue the Qt non-commercial edition from
> > downloading.
> > This edition, based on Qt 2.3, does not give you a correct picture of
> > what you can do using Qt."*
> >
> > *
> > What about PyQt ?
>
> I always try to follow the Trolltech model, so I expect the new version will
> have a corresponding PyQt.

Just to point out that TrollTech changed their policy again. Quote from the
URL above:

"If you really need to download the non-commercial edition for a specific purpose
(compatability with older code, etc), then please go to the Download page."

I really would appreciate a PyQt-NC-3.9. Helps me to make sure that PyQwt-3.9
will work with the commercial versions of PyQt and Qt.

Gerard