[PyKDE] PyKDE Delays, Versions, etc.

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Dec 16 23:15:01 GMT 2003

Phil mentioned in an email that sip/PyQt 3.8 isn't available on
the riverbankcomputing site any longer. Based on past
experience, I think it's really better to make the older
versions "less available".

PyKDE still requires sip/PyQt 3.8 however most of the newer
distributions (SuSE, Mdk) include sip/PyQt 3.8, and rpms are
available on the sourceforge site

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykde.

Debian packages are also available I believe. If anyone needs
source copies of sip or PyQt 3.8, I have them and can mail them
to you, or I can post them to sf do if there's much demand.

My vision is really annoying and is slowing me down - I should
have a big improvement right after surgery Jan 8 for one eye
(the other will be later in January I hope), and since KDE 3.2
is still in beta, and sip 4 still "rc", I'm going to postpone
any new releases until some time in January. The only known
problems with PyKDE 3.8 are build bugs, and those all have fixes
or workarounds as far as I know.

Jim