[PyKDE] pyqt debian

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Thu Feb 13 23:12:01 GMT 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:13:05PM -0300, Rafael Darder Calvo wrote:
> Ricardo:
> 	I'm still having problems installing pyqt in debian. The fact is that the
> needed sip >= 3.5 package is there now with the name "sip", but the package
> needed by python2.2-qt3 is named python2.2-sip-qt3 >= 3.5 which is not there
> and apt doesnt seem to figure it out. I have quit trying to install it and i
> have it installed on the uncomfortable redhat. if you could give me some
> advice, i could go on programming and also feeling comfortable with my
> desktop. that would be a lot.
> regards,
> 	Ranto

python2.2-sip-qt3 is the SIP runtime for Python2.2 + Qt3. If you want
Python2.2 + Qt3 + PyQt, you _need_ both python2.2-sip-qt3 and
python2.2-qt3. "sip" installs the sip binary, which you don't need to work
with PyQt, but only in the case that you want to compile PyQt or other
sip-based C++ wrappers.

Now that Qt3 and QScintilla (both compiled with G++ 3.2) are in the
official repositories and built for nearly every architecture, I've
uploaded "sip" and related packages. Next monday (once sip is accepted,
because it contains new packages) I'll upload PyQt. In the meantime, of
course, you can download all the packages from my unofficial repository
(there are packages for Woody, Sarge and Sid). I've stated this in
about it.

Regards,
	Ricardo